Cadet Expeditions & Tours
CHALLENGING | DIVERSE | EDUCATIONAL | GROUP SPECIFIC
UK preparation and training will be conducted by our Expedition Leaders and ex UK Special Forces personnel. In Africa, the group will be led by our appropriately qualified in-country field experts.
Based on your brief, we will plan and deliver your group tour or expedition, however you may well require something different. We are very keen for every group to be entirely bespoke, so here are a few options to consider:
- Mountain hiking (multi day options available)
- River paddling (multi day options available)
- Bush hiking (multi day options available)
- Mountain biking (multi day options available)
- Specific animal tracking and research projects
- Full or part duration survival or anti-poaching course
- Community projects: School, Orphanage, HIV care centre
- Cultural learning (Zulu, Xhosa, Shangaan)
- Other conservation or environmental focused learning
- River rafting, mountain biking, abseiling, forest canopy zip slide, other adventure sports
- Tracking – Spoor identification and interpretation
- Bush Survival – Water location, fire, cooking, sustenance, protection and tool use
- Flora – Trees, grasses and shrub identification and medicinal uses
- Mammals, Birds & Reptiles – Location, identification and behaviour
- Reptiles – Snake bite treatment
- First Aid – Self-medication & natural remedies
- Animal Anatomy – Skinning, dissection, anatomy study & carcass preparation
- Bush Cuisine – Sourcing and utilisation
- Musketry – Basic weapons training
- Bush Skills: Camouflage, concealment & shelter building
- Hunting Methods – Snaring and trapping
- Big Game – Focusing on Rhino and Elephant. Tracking skills, identification, behaviour and research
- Surveillance – Skills/ Day and night programme
- Anti-Poaching – Patrol Procedures
- Navigation – By day and night
- Radio Use – Correct procedures
- Weapons Training – Basic and advanced
- Ambush – Procedures and layout
Rhino anti-poaching patrolling, location and research would be conducted in the private game reserve where our bush camp is located 3 hours north of Johannesburg or 2.5 hours north of Durban. The group will depart from the airport and drive directly to our bush camp. Elephant anti-poaching, location and research would take place in the Greater Kruger Park. All research outcomes would be handed over to the Game Reserve Conservation Teams at the end of the exercise and used in their continuing conservation efforts.
This would not only be an extremely valuable learning exercise for all those that take part but will genuinely be helping with the conservation and anti-poaching efforts in this part of South Africa.
It may well be possible to arrange a joint exercise with members of the South African Defence Force if desired. Group members would join us at the bush camp and be with your group for the duration of the exercise.
A 10-day programme would be recommended and also costs are more manageable for fund raising etc. However, we can very easily extend that if required.
Ideally, multiples of 8 as this is logistically easier in country.
Time Of Year:
This exercise can run at any time of the year. However, between March and October is recommended for much more comfortable weather conditions. During these months the temperature is, on average, as hot as our hottest summer days. November to February can be very hot, humid and often wet if you are feeling particularly cruel!
Included In South Africa:
All administration, logistical preparation, accommodation, in country vehicles, transfers to and from airports, food, water, instructors, game rangers, trackers, chef and game reserve entry fees.
As each course is bespoke and is dependent on the number of participants, location and activities, you will need to contact us for prices.
PLEASE DONATE TO HELP OUR GIRAFFE CONSERVATION FIELD STUDIES SUCCEED
Camping is a great recreational activity held outdoors that can benefit us in so many ways including our physical, social, and mental wellbeing. It is fun, enjoyable, and challenging but it could also be uncomfortable if one is not prepared or one does not know what to do. Most people think about where…
In the age of #YOLO and #FOMO, travel has become one of the most sought after experiences by so many people. But while the rich and famous can jet set in private planes and house themselves in luxury hotels, many of us mere mortals need to save up for an economy plane ticket. If…
When you think about deadly, dangerous snakes, the first thing that might come to your mind is their venom. However, many people are unaware that there are non-venomous snakes that are equally dangerous. One example is the African Rock Python (Python sebae), notorious for its nasty temperament. The African rock python is the…